Friday, February 10, 2012

Max Patch-----Appalachian Trail

MAX  PATCH


















           A few weeks ago a friend if mine asked me if I'd ever been to Max Patch. No, have never even heard of the place, until he spoke of it. Now, I have heard of Max Patch and even been there! Wow! Awesome! When I stood at the top of my little world and viewed the incredible scene around me, I was overcome with emotion.  The words of the song "How Great Thou Art" came to mind and I tried to sing as I stood alone and humbled at God"s creation.
Summit of Max Patch










                                  
         









    






           I took pictures as I slowly did a 360 degrees from the top of Max Patch! I do have a small point and shoot camera now which works real well. No camera can begin to grasp the breath taking beauty of this place.
One trail to top!
Patch Loop Trail


A couple in love, we talked for 15 minutes.

Turtle and Gracie, she not happy!
Wind streaked frost, cold!


Trail signs


Snow in woods on back side of Max Patch

          We hiked all over the Max, on the AT and the loop trail and the trail which went right to the top. We waited until the sun went down before we headed home. A clear night with an almost full moon, we didn't wait for the moon to rise, but we were there long enough to see the stars dotting the sky.  Some pictures of the sunset and then we will close.  Google Max Patch, read her history and then go give her a look see. Be well worth your effort!
Facing west!

Enjoy!
Facing East!

Awesome!!
The Mts. never end!

Lavender clouds!

          God is good!      God doesn't play!

          In the woods or on the water,

          Turtle











                                                               



                                                                          

No comments: