Saturday, February 6, 2021

Easy Hike, hunky-dory


           "Do what you love and love what you do" I'm sitting here listening to some good Bluegrass music remembering the hike I took this morning, don't get much better than that! I prefer hiking in the mountains  and rolling hills but today I drove over an hour to hike in the Peters Creek Heritage Preserve near Spartanburg SC. It is not as well known as other HP's and the signage needs to be updated but the trails were great. The up climbs were not tiring and the woods were clean of brush with good view all around. The creek was wide but rocks had been placed so even an older gentleman [ me ] could cross safely. 

          An old dam located near the parking area had experienced better years and is no longer in use.



          A good walk in the woods on a gentle February day. Nothing exciting or original about this hike, just time spent outside.

In the woods, on the water,

Turtle






No comments: